Thursday 14 December 2023

AFA Sweden leaked the names from Neo-Nazi music website Midgård. Let's look at some of the Canadians.

 Last week AFA Sweden released information from the Neo-Nazi music website Midgård.

I've been going over the release and have tracked down a few of the people named. To preface this blog post I didn't look in to anyone from Quebec. Finding the few people that I have so far was difficult enough, tossing in a language barrier certainly wouldn't help. Some of the Quebec Neo-Nazis have already been named, and I'm sure more will be in the future.

It's also important to note that I won't be discussing people who's names and identities I was able to find, but couldn't find any evidence for them expressing Neo-Nazi beliefs. The Midgård list is pretty big and this post is only meant to get started on naming people. I plan to go back over the list and see if I can find more information.
Now to get some of the more notable names out of the way. A few people listed in the Midgård already have noted histories of Neo-Nazi activity.

Update: I'm currently about half-way through writing this and the Canadian Anti-Hate Network released a report on the Midgård leak. My blog post should be similar but those wonderful people beat me to the punch again.


Anyway, now on to the Nazis.

Andrew Benson
Andrew is based out of Toronto and is involved with the White Lives Matter movement. He also has ties to Neo-Nazi Paul Fromm.


Jason Harley

Jason Harley is a Neo-Nazi based out of Calgary. He's known for harassing people at drag story time events and is a member of the Alberta Active Club chapter. According to CTV News, he's wanted by police.

Robert Jones
Robert Jones is a Neo-Nazi and former Proud Boy based out of Barrie, Ontario. He has also been involved with Northern Guard, Soldiers of Odin and PEGIDA.

Jesse Rankin
Jesse Rankin is a Neo-Nazi involved with the Hammerskins and the Active Club movement. He is apparently based out of BC but has a PO Box listed in Grande Prairie, Alberta.

Brendon Nowoselski

Calgary based Neo-Nazi with ties to 2 Neo-Nazis convicted of murder.

The remaining people that I will be naming are those who I wasn't familiar with prior to writing. Other researchers may have been aware of them however.

Paul Cunningham
Probably the easiest to identify with the SS insignia hanging behind him and totenkopf T-shirt. He's located in Bowmanville, Ontario.

Martin Schovanek
I don't know much about this person based in Edmonton. I wasn't even able to find a picture. The only reason I'm raising concern is that his name and contact information are tied to a business that imports firearms.

Steve Ridley
Calgary based Neo-Nazi. I was able to find his Twitter page which is full of Nazi imagery. Thanks to a friend for helping with this one.

That's all I have for now. I plan to go through the list again to see if I can track anyone else down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

David Parker of Take Back Alberta joins a Diagolon livestream

On Saturday David Parker of Take Back Alberta joined a livestream hosted by a member of the far-right Diagolon extremist community . Zach S...